Next Race

Duluth, MN - half marathon

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Workout Wednesday

Marshall and I have been trying to transition most of our runs to the mornings now that it is warming up. This morning we pulled ourselves out of bed for the always dreaded hill repeats. They were about as exciting as hill repeats can be, but overall we were pleased with the effort. The hill we like is over near Battlefield and West-by Pass and exactly a quarter mile long. We ran up that sucker 8 times and I was pooped by the end. It was a looong 2.5 miles back home. But what I'm even more excited about was my 10 mile tempo and mile repeats last weekend.

3/21/15 - Ten Miler!
2 w/u
Goal: 10 miles sub 60 (sub 6:00 minute pace)
Actual: 10 miles @ 59:24 (Avg - 5:56)
3 c/d

Ya! I could not have been more excited about this tempo run :) Marshall and I set up some water bottles along the Frisco trail to practice water intake. We NAILED this workout. All of our miles were under 6:00, with the exception of number 9, which was still a 6:02. We did take a nutrilite cube and water, which did slow us down just a bit. The awesome thing was that I felt great the entire time. I hope in a race atmosphere I can run even faster for my half marathon next weekend.

Week(s) in review:
3/16-3/22
70 miles
2 workouts
1 double
15 mile long run

3/23-3/29:
65 miles
1 workout (rain)
1 double 17 mile long run


This weekend we signed up for a 5k in Stockton, not too far from Springfield. It was just perfect because it is the weekend before Rock the Parkway, and we were wanting some sort of race for this weekend. It's what I like to call a rust-buster race. Marshall and I haven't run a race since November (Bass Pro), so it's always nice to have low-pressure race to get back into the racing mode. I'd hate for my first race in over 5 months to be a half marathon. But things are moving in the right direction and I'm confident for the upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment