Next Race

Duluth, MN - half marathon

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Week 2 (11/9-11/15)

Week 2 is in the books for the training to the Trials. These first couple weeks back are a slow build to what I hope will be an awesome training cycle! Bass Pro was two weeks ago, so I decided to take a down week to gear up for a hard 14 week countdown to the Trials and allow myself to be mentally and physically refreshed.

Foggy morning - a little after mile 3; Photo credit David Wilcox
Bass Pro was a great race. It was a little thin up in the front, but Marshall ran the entire way with me. Actually, it was a fairly odd race. There were three guy ahead of us by about 5 minutes, then the two of us came through the finish, then the next pack was nearly 5 minutes behind us. Despite it feeling like regular run with my training partner (and hubby) I managed to run my fastest time on this course by about 45 seconds. I ran an impressive 1:17:36 for 1st place.

1:17:36, 1st female

Super humid day - still foggy at the end
Nothing special for week 2. We haven't started workouts yet, just been logging some miles. I managed to get in a run every day despite spending Saturday and Sunday morning at a continuing education class in Columbia, MO with one of my co-workers.There was quite a bit of excitement on Mizzou's campus this past week, but class went fine. I cut it close, but now have all my continuing education hours that I need before the end of the year :)

Week in Review:
7 mile
45 miles
9 mile long run
1 mile up tempo (sub 6)

Low miles this week - I'm starting to get anxious for the high miles.

Marshall's Christmas present from the Shank's came early and he's super excited to be racing the LA marathon the day after my race. Since we were making the trip out, my parents really wanted him to race as well, because we probably won't be out that way again (Los Angeles isn't our first choice for a vacation spot). We got our plane tickets and hotel booked. Mom and Dad will be out there to watch as well. Only 13 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment